Magic Nightvision Mushrooms

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Geras

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:05 pm

So there was a crazy idea on the quest the other day that I'm just going to throw out there:

Magic night vision mushrooms.

Mushrooms that give you night vision for a short period of time if you eat them, longer if they're brewed. Possibly with side effects. Only spawn in a very accessible place, like where those sketch mushrooms are found in the new quest area.

I dunno, just a thought.

Geras

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:38 am

Perhaps this is something that could be incorporated into brewing in general - the ability to concentrate existing herbs into more potent forms in drinks and whatnot.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:27 pm

I kinda like it, but I need to think about whether it'd have glowing red eyes or not since our nightvision currently auto-adds that.

Brent

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:41 pm

Glowing red eyes would make for some interesting roleplay. Until it is widely accepted IC that a particular herb / beverage / brew / concoction / distillate / etc provides it's user with night vision and glowing eyes I picture herbalists / whoever getting burned for being mages due to glowing eyes.

If this is implemented I'd add yet another command 'spike'. Imagine spiking someone's drink in the inn with an herb/shroom that gave glowing green eyes, hallucinations, etc and using it as an accusation of being a mage. Or even a mage using it to throw inquisitors off his path and onto someone else's.

Brent

Thymonthan

Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:30 pm

THen the order can ban them because they would be considered mageborn.

• Information