Log of OOC Meeting - 2020-08-15

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:47 pm

Kinaed claims, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
   - Player Heartbeat
   - Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today? If you register a topic, please pre-write it so you're ready to present it when called upon."

Raspberries winks.

PrayTheMageAway claims, "Yes please i has question"

Deedee claims, "I have a small one."

Ilena gives Kitty some coins.

Ilena gives PrayTheMageAway some coins.

Ilena gives Philly some coins.

Ilena gives Cat some coins.

Kinaed says to PrayTheMageAway, "Got you"

Kinaed states to Deedee, "Got you too"

TheHeresyAgenda claims, "I would like to add something"

Philly begins to count their money.

Kinaed states to TheHeresyAgenda, "Got you :)"

Kinaed states, "If anyone thinks of another while we chat, please send me a tell. Meanwhile, I'll kick off the Staff Updates."

Kinaed has transferred cyan.  [OOC]

Kinaed claims, "Last week was pretty quiet. No policy, minimal contact."

PrayTheMageAway asks, "Did we get gifts this week?"

Kinaed claims to PrayTheMageAway, "Ilena is handing out silver."

TheHeresyAgenda begins to count their money.

PrayTheMageAway claims, "Oooh"

Ilena gives cyan some coins.

TheHeresyAgenda says, "Oh I just realized Hmmm potential bug"

TheHeresyAgenda states, "But eh later"

Cat begins to count their money.

PrayTheMageAway begins to count their money.

Sparkles claims, "It seems like it's been a quiet overall in general."

PrayTheMageAway picks all of the ooc pockets

TheHeresyAgenda states, "I will bite your toes off"

Kinaed states, "I just picked up the data log from the last two weeks regarding our 5 minute RPxp timer, and I need to slice and dice it a bit to get some insights."

Kinaed claims, "I'll spend this morning doing that."

PrayTheMageAway claims, "I have more toes"

Errisar begins to count their money.

Kinaed states, "Beyond that, I've written up a Policy System specification for Az, albeit that's a bit on the backburner because I want to get autowarn squared away."

Kitty queries, "What sort of data are you pulling on it, if I may ask?"

PrayTheMageAway claims, "Rawr"

Kinaed says, "It has a list of all hits over 5 minutes, the name of the player, and how long they took."

PrayTheMageAway says, "I bet its mostly me xD taking forever to say stuff"

Anony states, "I am going to be a lot on over 5 minutes."

Kinaed states to PrayTheMageAway, "I'll know in a few hours. :)"

Philly says, "Ah. I will also definitely be a contributer to that"

TheHeresyAgenda agrees.

Kinaed states, "Okay, so that's everything for me."

Kinaed claims to Ilena, "You're up next."

Ilena says, "Yep! One sec-"

Kitty says, "I've had a bunch where I'm a few seconds or a minute or so late. But, this week, I haven't been on much. Last week, though, yes."

Ilena pontificates, "Hello! I've mostly been working on a lot of the requests and Phome stuff- I've also made a few adjustments to help overview combat and help restrain to make sure it's highlighted that there's a 5 minute timer on remotes. I've gotten most everything and all typos so far reported squared away, but I'm always happy to help!"

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed states, "Thanks Ilena."

Kinaed has transferred Wimpled.  [OOC]

Ilena gives Wimpled some coins.

Kinaed says to Azarial, "You're up."

Azarial claims, "I've been trying to work out issues with autowarn, to no avail.  This coming week school starts, so we'll see how much time I have to continue as we settle into a new normal."

Anony says, "You did an amazing job filling and fleshing out the atmosphere on my phome request, Ilena. It is lovely."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed claims, "Thanks, Az. :)"

Ilena declaims, "<3 Thank you!!"

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, that's everything for Staff Updates. Let's move on to Player Heartbeat. How was this week for everyone game-wise?"

PrayTheMageAway claims, "Overall good but was kinda disappointed yesterday by the rpxp being unexpectedly slowed down and dont understand why"

Kinaed claims, "That seems odd given we've made no changes to the RPxp algorithm for at least two weeks (that I know about)"

Yinadele pontificates, "IRL and work super busy, but it was a more quiet week! Got a lot of stuff reached out to other players, though. Thank you to everyone involved!"

Kinaed queries to Azarial, "Has anything changed?"

Azarial claims, "No; i was only poking display stuff."

Anony claims, "Hot weather is making it hard to RP the character properly. But there were some great scenes."

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, work was super busy for me too."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed comforts Anony.

PrayTheMageAway trails off, "I had a scene all set up with another player and we emoted a bunch and then went our own way, and when it finished the rpxp earned was too low to finish the pvent or the matchmaker goals... was laaame as hell and i didnt know how close or far i was from being awarded 2 QP vs nothing at all"

Azarial says, "Haven;t rebooted in five days."

TheHeresyAgenda states, "Had some good talks about being a merchant and am thinking of ways to make that char worthwhile. Other chat is doing amazing"

SandMan says, "It was fair, think I need a lasso to catch certain guildleaders though."

Kinaed claims, "I heard there was a swath of hot weather in the past few days in the realm that other countries aren't used to (but Australia is, ironically)"

TheHeresyAgenda says, "Goosebumps worthy scenes"

Kinaed says to PrayTheMageAway, "I'll take that down and have a look."

Errisar says, "It was good when I could get on, despite the new job."

Kinaed declaims to Errisar, "Congratulations on the new job! :)"

Yinadele states, "It could be due to familiarity."

Kinaed comforts SandMan.

Yinadele claims, "RE: RPXP gain lowering, or no longer being cyan."

PrayTheMageAway claims, "Thanks kinaed, it was yesterday on this pc"

Kinaed nods at Yinadele.

Kinaed asks, "Anyone else have anything they care to report?"

Kinaed states, "I'll take the crickets for 'not today' :) Okay, next up - Player Topics."

PrayTheMageAway claims, "Also heresy threatened my toes"

Kinaed questions to TheHeresyAgenda, "Want to introduce us to your topic?"

TheHeresyAgenda says, "Ya one sec copy pasta"

TheHeresyAgenda claims, "I would love to tool the smoke/taste of tabac. This way I could make different types of tabac and sell them. Would be rad."

Kinaed muses, "I think you can by potentially editing @taste?"

Deedee says, "That would be nice, yes. I think I posted such on the boards before"

Kinaed says, "Not sure if that's editable."

TheHeresyAgenda claims, "I shall try. At smoke does not work"

Azarial states, "I think those are set by the softaff, which is not editable"

Deedee says, "It doesn't work with the smoke command"

TheHeresyAgenda states, "Oh I can try rn"

Kinaed claims, "I'll make a note - but it's probably low priority compared to a few, so I wouldn't expect it soon."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Deedee muses, "(https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2224)"

TheHeresyAgenda gets a clump of Sailors Tabac from a medium courier's box.

Kinaed says to Deedee, "Thanks. Adding that link to the request"

Sparkles queries, "You can always add it to the description or the smell perhaps so people know what to RP?"

Sparkles states, "As a workaround in the mean time."

Kinaed muses to Deedee, "Would you like to introduce us to your topic? :)"

Deedee nods at Kinaed.

Deedee says, "I've likewise brought this up on the forums before, but the current sit message is pretty jarring and inflexible in practice. No matter the situation, it always echos that you sit down on the ground. The rest or sleep messages aren't specific, so you can pose how you like."

Deedee sits down on the ground.

Deedee stands up.

Deedee sits down and rests.

Deedee stands up.

Sparkles wonders, "It doesn't do that when you sit on furniture or use join, right?"

Kinaed says, "That is definitely on our bugs board somewhere for fixing, I think it's just been lower priority compared to other items."

Kinaed states, "I'll make a note."

Kinaed has transferred Jennifer.  [OOC]

Yinadele says, "I kind of agree that sit should allow for an emote."

Deedee says, "It doesn't if there's a coded furniture, yes. it does if you use join and try to sit"

Kinaed nods at Yinadele.

Ilena gives Jennifer some coins.

Wimpled claims, "It doesn't do that when you sit on furniture, but fairly certain if you use join and it's not a real spot, you have to sit on the ground if you want code sit."

Kinaed claims, "I'm pretty sure this exists as a requested change on the bug board, but just hasn't surfaced in terms of priority."

Kinaed claims, "Because we've had another request, I'll either bump it or rewrite it."

Kinaed asks of TheHeresyAgenda, "Would you like to introduce us to your topic? :)"

TheHeresyAgenda states, "I did already"

TheHeresyAgenda says, "You're confusing me with thr other rainbow I think"

Kinaed states, "I am."

PrayTheMageAway states, "I noticed that player descriptions are not updated once a remember file is created. could this perhaps be changed so that remember files update to the latest sdesc that is currently on the PC referenced? when i look at a remember file i do not know if the characters short description matches the current description and this makes it kinda useless to check for matching sdescs."

Kinaed states, "Oops, I think I skipped the right person."

Kinaed says to PrayTheMageAway, "Sorry about that."

PrayTheMageAway says, "Its all good, i talk too much anyway"

Kinaed claims, "That's deliberate in case someone is ICly changing their appearance to hide things."

Kinaed comforts PrayTheMageAway.

PrayTheMageAway queries, "Then could it maybe update the next time you run into the person? its causing strange miscommunications"

Kinaed states, "It used to just grab the desc, then people requested it be different because it was auto-updating and they couldn't remember old details."

Sparkles says, "You could always update it by re-remembering people."

Kinaed nods at Sparkles.

Wimpled states, "I think it's on players to remember details about people in the remember file and it shouldn't be held by code."

Kinaed says, "Or update it by looking and literally updating it with the new desc"

Kinaed states, "I think the issue is recognizing a change and knowing to update it or not."

PrayTheMageAway claims, "Okay"

Deedee says, "I think this has been brought up before sometime too"

Wimpled questions, "There's no way to recognize the change to know to update it though, is there?"

Kitty claims, "I don't know if you can see the person's new sdesc after they change it."

Wimpled claims, "In the room, they look the same.  If I look at them, I get their name."

Kitty says, "Unless you un-remember them."

Kinaed says to Wimpled, "Not code-wise, no. "

Wimpled states, "So I have no way to know that the sdescrip changed by looking at them."

PrayTheMageAway claims, "Right"

Anony says, "You still see the name over the shortdesc if short was changed."

Kinaed claims, "I suppose we could codewise do a compare and flag it if someone has changed their appearance, maybe - but it's a lot of work for what would seem like an edge case in RP value. Once every year it might be pertinent. Meanwhile, fixing autowarn is super important."

PrayTheMageAway claims, "I rang the doorbell at the church and gave a completely different notification than the sdesc i was actually using"

Kinaed states, "So... I don't know what to say."

Cat is idle.

PrayTheMageAway claims, "Ok so low priority bug then"

Deedee states, "I think just a command to update the short you have rememebred while they're with you in the room would be a good solution."

Kinaed claims, "I wouldn't even call it a bug."

Jennifer exclaims, "Yes autowarn!"

Jennifer says, "Sorry, shutting up now."

Kinaed states, "The remember tools are just tools to help people, they can't do all of the heavy lifting."

Wimpled muses, "So you just randomly do updates then? "

Cat is no longer idle.

PrayTheMageAway says, "Seems like nobody really thinks its a problem, ill just deal with it"

Kinaed comforts PrayTheMageAway.

Deedee says, "I've had trouble with it before"

Wimpled says, "Not a hill I'm dying on or anything, it is annoying as a long-term character. "

PrayTheMageAway says, "Meh"

Deedee claims, "Had to save all my information I had remembered on them, delete them, re-remember them, then add the information back. big hassle"

Philly says, "It has been a problem in the past for the Order, I believe."

Anony claims, "I think it isn't seen a problem because you need to cnote if you dye your char's hair to do a robbery."

Deedee says, "I'm not certain if it's been fixed, but at one point it was impossible to see if their short has changed since you remembered them either"

PrayTheMageAway questions, "I could go meet everyone in town and then shave my head. now who can tell thats happened?"

Kinaed muses, "Anyone who read the initial description and the new one?"

PrayTheMageAway states, "But you cant see the new one after assigning a remember name"

Deedee asks, "Oh, still can't?"

Kinaed states, "It would be in the description."

Kinaed says, "Not the intro, the description."

PrayTheMageAway claims, "The long description yeah"

Deedee claims, "Long descs aren't saved in remember anyway, I was just talking about intros"

Kinaed states, "I think what is being said is that, once remembered: Kinaed |  a coffee-complected woman with many slender braids <-- this doesn't auto update"

Deedee nods.

PrayTheMageAway nods.

Philly nods.

Wimpled claims, "Yep"

Kinaed states, "And you don't see them in room once remembered, so physically can't tell that someone's changed theirs, though they can change it to anything and you'll still remember the character."

PrayTheMageAway claims, "Yes"

Anony nods.

Wimpled states, "Yep"

Kinaed claims, "The edge case is that this is, very rarely, an issue because you might tell Joe the Inqusitior that Kinaed has many braids when she's actually cut and dyed her hair."

Raspberries states, "I raised that before- https://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2124 It's accepted, not sure if it's implemented. "

Wimpled says, "I have people remembered as hot 20-smethings that are middle-aged now. "

Kinaed states, "Beyond that, you'll always recognize her if you see her."

Raspberries grins at Wimpled.

Kinaed says to Raspberries, "It's not at the moment."

PrayTheMageAway states, "Right, that sounds right"

Philly states, "That edge case has been an issue at least once in the last 6 months."

Kinaed says, "I think that particular implementation might be doable, it's not something we'd fix with remember (reading the forum)"

PrayTheMageAway says, "If people update their sdescs over time then it will create additional edge cases"

Philly claims, "(Or some variation on it)"

Kinaed claims, "Most people won't notice or have a concern if they're reading people's actual descriptions now and again."

Raspberries states, "Beyond seeing their current short, my request was to add something to refresh it on the remember list"

Yinadele states, "I always re-look people whenever I see them after a while."

Kinaed claims, "In the meantime, making a person's short show in look is potentially doable. Far more than mucking with remember."

Yinadele pontificates, "Very important!"

Raspberries nods.

PrayTheMageAway states, "Kinaed i like that solution"

Azarial states, "Remember is a mess; i've not needed to completely refactor it yet."

Errisar has left the game.

Kitty states, "I think adding the short when you 'look' would work. People can always compare to their own remember."

Kinaed states, "It's still not going to happen overnight due to the backup of higher priority code stuff."

Kitty says, "It's a good compromise."

Jennifer says, "The great and powerful Az! Okay sorry, slipping back in to obscurity."

Deedee states, "Being able to see if it's changed is a start at least"

Kinaed nods at Kitty.

Anony says, "(Or keep logs to double check)"

Kinaed nods at Deedee.

Deedee claims, "Currently the only way to know is if someone describes someone as differently than you remember them"

Wimpled states, "Yep"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, that's the end of our topics for the day. Does anyone have anything in particular they want to discuss, or can I release the OOC Chat? I want to start poking into this log on the 5min RPxp timer thing."

Raspberries says, "Prisca changed a lot over her life as she took on scars and burns and hot pokers to the face"

Kinaed nods at Raspberries.

Anonymous claims, "I have something."

Kinaed claims to Anonymous, "Please raise your topic :)"

Anonymous says, "It's not a topic. I just wanted to thank whoever came up with the idea of high quality fish fillets, because fishing is way underused and I enjoy it. I can't remember who came up with the idea, so if they're here right now, then thank you for thinking of that."

Kinaed starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Sparkles says, "I think that was Kuzco's suggestion."

Jennifer declaims, "The Kuzco!"

PrayTheMageAway says, "Much love admins, not all heros wear capes"

Cat nod in agreement.

Kinaed finishes her note.

Kinaed smiles.

Philly says, "PSA to recommend thematic and antagonistic RP"

Kitty states, "Especially thematic RP, yes."

Kinaed says, "Okay, if that's our day - please consider writing a review of TI on Reddit's MUD section or TMC... or anywhere really. We appreciate your time playing the game and coming to OOC Chat to help us make the game better."

TheHeresyAgenda is idle.

Kinaed exclaims, "Meanwhile, I have a spreadsheet to stick my nose in, and I hope everyone has a great week, until we see you next time!"

PrayTheMageAway says, "Right back atcha Kinaed"

Deedee waves.

Kinaed trails off, "I'll retrans the room in 3..."

Kinaed states, "2.."

Kinaed states, "1.."

• Information