Plot Ideas

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

What kind of plots would you like to see run on TI? Please select as many options as interest you.

Political plots (duchy-duchy conflict, rogue nobles, etc.)
11%
Disaster plots (plagues, floods, blizzards, etc.)
18%
Combat plots (dangerous NPCs on-grid, invading armies, etc.)
10%
Religious plots (heresies, doctrinal arguments, etc.)
14%
Criminal plots (murder mysteries, rashes of theft, etc.)
15%
Magical plots (cursed items, spells on victims, etc.)
19%
Exploration plots (new areas in the wilderness, etc.)
13%

Total votes: 79
Takta

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:31 pm

Hi folks,

It seems about ripe time for a plot to happen on TI. Since we have so many new players, I thought I'd run a poll about the kind of plots you'd like to see. Please select any and every category that appeals to you, and feel free to suggest more categories/specific ideas in the text!

Tremere

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:35 pm

Really I would like to see most anything on here, but not quite everything. I would love a murder mystery thing like maybe a serial killer plot, that might be nice and juicy and fun. Either that and I've said ti before and I'll say it again. I want an indiana jones temple of doom style of plot.

BlackSoul566

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:40 pm

I actually had an idea for a short story in which a band of mages all come up with a reason for leaving the city and head out, travelling in search of some ancient magic item. Some sort of long lost relic that these mages, maybe five or so, all are working together to try to track down.

Zorak

Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:32 am

I voted for everything but religious/combat plots. But really, they all sound entertaining. A lot of these plots will leave characters out, I feel. If you aren't a combat character -- have fun having the grid blocked off by NPCs. Yes, you could still RP around it, but I feel it becomes significantly less interesting when you can't contribute and the threat is static. Staff would have to hop into the shoes of mobs/invaders to liven it up.

The same goes for criminal and/or investigation plots. It's not as intriguing if you aren't the criminal or cop. And even then, I've found that a lot of Reeves like to 'shoo' away the public. Which makes sense and I would totally do the same, but do you want that in a plot for all players? Make no mistake, it's always interesting when a character is placed into a situation they aren't 'built' for! I just want staff to consider this before pulling the trigger on a plot idea.

I've never participated in a TI plot, so take that for what you will.

Tremere

Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:46 am

it could be possible, maybe to do 2 smaller plots together that might be geared towards individual groups perhaps?

Pixie

Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:29 am

I would love to see a plot where combat is not a requirement.

Rabek

Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:41 am

I voted for anything but combat and disaster, but having lived through the flood plot, I'd take just about anything but another disaster or anything that keeps people from free movement. No offense to the people who ran the Flood, it just wasn't very fun RP to be stuck in a room for as long as it lasted with a couple others who may or may not be online at any given time.

Puciek

Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:54 am

I would love more criminal plots but on level that is not combat driven for a change. Maybe much of of detective/bribe/figure out a smugglers ring that goes through city sewers.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Gerolf

Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:37 pm

I think that a nice non-combat centric plot would be nice, though it is unwise to eliminate all combat.

Political dramas can be fun but the trick is working them so that it is more than just the Regent and the Justiciar running around stressing.

Like wise with the magic based plots, so long as it is more than the GI and EM getting over worked for a month.

• Information