Retainer Upkeep Costs

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Applesauce

Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:20 pm

Kinaed wrote:It works exactly like taxes...
Not to be "that guy" but taxes are OOC monthly >.> Just saying it wouldn't HAVE to be weekly, there is clearly a precedent for another option.

Though, to the various people pushing for a monthly payment, I figure if it were made monthly the cost would probably be increased so there's not really a difference. Like being 100s monthly vs 25s weekly.

Jules

Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:27 am

(Had a double post by accident. Ignore this.)
Last edited by Jules on Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- player of Jules and others

Jules

Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:31 am

I'd prefer a bi-weekly payment requirement, for OOC convenience, but if we can pay 'back wages' after one week, I suppose it's fine as-is.

If pets will continue to take up NPC slots, though, I want to add my vote in favor of removing the hard limit. With the changes to NPC costs and upkeep, it's an arbitrary limit that no longer makes good sense, and with husbandry, it's downright inconvenient (and arguably problematic). Keep in mind, however, that the Fire of Life spell will need to be factored in to prevent mages from keeping a horde of zombies on call. Maybe adjust the spell to be non-castable if a zombie-type retainer is already in someone's NPC list?

One thing I would like, if it's not already on the docket, is a way to check my own taxes and their sources. Right now, 'tax' only shows me how much I owe, not where the amounts are coming from, and I would REALLY like to be able to see that I owe X amount for my horse, X due to property taxes, X due to a retainer, etc.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:48 am

Please note that you'll have to check the 'Upkeep' command, not the 'Tax' command to see what is owed for retainers.

Jules

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:30 pm

Cool. So, I'm not sure the extent to which the immortal weekly payments are meant to 'soften the blow' or for how long, but due to RL circumstances, I haven't been able to RP the past couple of weeks. As I've fallen inactive, I didn't receive either my most recent weekly payment OR the bonus payment, both of which are supposed to make retainer costs more manageable, as I understand it?

Are players still going to be charged retainer upkeep costs even when they can't be active for a period of time, as with taxes?

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:44 pm

We've adjusted (I think it went in already) so that if you don't pay when upkeep is due, you'll just be unable to hail until you pay - you won't go into debt.

We've also adjusted weekly costs and retainer prices.

• Information