[Poll] Alternative to seeking?

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Should characters be able to bypass seeking into the lowest guild rank with RPxp or QP?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:14 pm

Yes
58%
No
17%
Maybe, comments below
25%

Total votes: 12
galaxgal

Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:29 am

A gentle, automated reminder for monthly promotion reviews would be very nice. Even as simple as '[X] hasn't been promoted in [Y] months, you might wish to review their progress' would have made keeping track of affairs in my Guild much easier while I was actively GL'ing.

My experience has been that the most common way someone ranks out of the 'beginner' ranks and into the 'full knight/merchant/bard/etc' status is usually... by having been in the Guild so long that the current GL ends up rotating out due to circumstances. There are a few eras of a few Guilds where this wasn't the norm and I considered them exceptionally well-managed, but that's just my personal opinion.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:58 pm

I've submitted a code request to have it that on the first of every OOC month, if a character has been active for the last 4 OOC weeks, and they are rank 1 or 2 in a guild, a personal board note will be posted to the guild asking for their rank to be reviewed.

Lei
Discord Handle: Lei#3876

Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:55 pm

If time-zone troubles and guild inactivity are the reasons for folks looking favorably toward auto-entry mechanisms into non-covert guilds, we could also consider a halfway measure. Maybe delayed auto-entry. Your character has been seeking for 3 OOC weeks and has X amount of RP logged? Hit that benchmark and bam. You're inducted by one of the vNPCs. Oh, whoops, you're a bad fit? Sweet. Now the guild gets to deal with the fallout from that darn lousy vNPC hiring another lemon. Conflict! Drama! Woo!
Old As Dirt

• Information