NPCs from the Monarch Quest

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Geras

Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:48 am

I have a suggestion for a compromise:

Why not keep the pfiles on file, and have the chars dragged out from retirement when circumstances warrant it? I could see there being a need for a random archbishop or count to show up again in the future, and it'd be nice to revisit these chars again.

The real sad thing is we really could use more orderites...

Discontent

Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:06 am

To my knowledge there were only three of us who made NPCs. Only two are interested in returning.

The positions held are nothing greater then anyone could app for normally.

We were given no stat/skill benefits, just an amount of xp to spend using the same rules as everyone else.

All I am suggesting is that we be allowed to spend that xp cost to purchase the character.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:12 am

Such a ruling would alternatively leave us in the sticky situation of trying to decide how to determine what NPCs can stay and which can't...
I didn't understand this as it would be an 'all allowed or none' if implemented.

This said, generally speaking, I'm not seeing a lot of positive reactions to the idea thus far.

Giftherz

Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:13 pm

I am sorry to see such angst over the idea. I want these players to remain! Angold and Anschel are awesome characters! I miss Angold already due to his RP with Maebel and how is she going to use him for confessing if he is gone!? *cries* Hehe
Anschel has also proved valued in rp with several of my characters. I truly do not wish to see these two gone from the grid. If they need to purchase them for a certain amount of XP, and have OFFERED to do so I don't see a problem for them remaining. Heck I'd donate what little QP I have to their cause!

I <3 you guys! I will miss the rp with these players should they not be allowed to return.

Sorry for not covering Jonas(Jonus?) here but I never found much rp with his character. He did prove for interesting conversation behind his back though!
Currently loitering as:
Addienna op Marama - Always a Poet Something

Geras

Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:17 pm

Assuming Rabek is actually a yes, that's 4 yes 2 no right now right? Though 2 of those yeses are people it affects.

Rabek

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:03 am

A null would affect too many other people negatively for me to agree to one.

However, as Kinaed has sent me a tell asking me to quit talking to her and bother other staff instead, because I'm apparently being irrational about this, you may count my 'vote' as an abstain. Though it's not a vote.

And yes, I realize this isn't a vote. But Kinaed told me she didn't want to bring it to the player base. So I respected those wishes and didn't post a forum thread of my own due to the implication in being told "I don't want to bring it to the players for various complex reasons I'm not going to name."

So don't worry about it. I'm tired of the bias against me by Kinaed. Do what you want, guys. I might log Laila in once in a while, but I'm tired of being treated like a troublemaker when I get upset at the inconsistencies in Kinaed's leadership, so you can expect me to once again leave you all alone OOCly for the foreseeable future.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:41 am

I'm tired of the bias against me by Kinaed.
What does one even say to something like that? *fail*

Back to the matter at hand - My gut feel off this thread is that two players (with nothing at stake) are very for it, and two players are reasonably against. I'll sit on it for awhile longer and see what else comes out of the woodwork.

Zeita

Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:02 am

Rabek wrote:A null would affect too many other people negatively for me to agree to one.

However, as Kinaed has sent me a tell asking me to quit talking to her and bother other staff instead, because I'm apparently being irrational about this, you may count my 'vote' as an abstain. Though it's not a vote.

And yes, I realize this isn't a vote. But Kinaed told me she didn't want to bring it to the player base. So I respected those wishes and didn't post a forum thread of my own due to the implication in being told "I don't want to bring it to the players for various complex reasons I'm not going to name."

So don't worry about it. I'm tired of the bias against me by Kinaed. Do what you want, guys. I might log Laila in once in a while, but I'm tired of being treated like a troublemaker when I get upset at the inconsistencies in Kinaed's leadership, so you can expect me to once again leave you all alone OOCly for the foreseeable future.
If there is any bias present (which I haven't witnessed, frankly) then it was probably earned by posts like the above.

Eris

Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:13 am

After reading through all the arguments in this thread, I have to agree, at the end of the day, with Clockwork and Herazade: I didn't originally really know that people had dropped out of the quest because they wouldn't be able to keep their characters otherwise. It's probably also important to point out that no other NPCs for any other quests (such as the Daravi war quests) have been allowed to stay. I have to put my vote as a firm 'no' for any NPCs being retained, at this point (especially after Angold was already given staff opinion on the matter, as well!).

Geras

Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:33 am

Rabek,

If anything the existence of this thread is evidence against any bias, as it would benefit your character.

• Information