City Report Metrics

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri May 13, 2016 1:40 am

Adjusted the list a bit with these suggestions:

Lawfulness
90+ Reeve mobs load and attempt to arrest criminals committing crimes in lawful areas
80+ Reeve mobs will arrest warranted players
70+ Criminal reporting to room is instantaneous
30- Mobs flagged thief steal silver from players, appear in thieves guild acct
20-
10- Southside mobs can randomly load and attack players, except freeman and cyan in lawless areas
@
Morale
90+ People process their pool 30% faster
80+ People process their pool 15% faster
70+ People process their pool 10% faster
30- People process their pool 10% slower
20- People process their pool 15% slower
10- People process their pool 30% slower
@
Religion
90+ Knight patrol mobs load and attempt to arrest people casting spells in lawful areas; Members of the Order Guild get +10 IP
80+ Members of the Order Guild get +5 IP
70+ Magery room reporting is instantaneous
30- No magery reporting to Order channel in lawful zones
20- Random spell effects happen throughout the city (players randomly targetted by annoying spells?)
10- Latents can purchase awakening at will
@
Economics
90+ Shop prices reduced by 15%; 10% chance rare objects (per object) refresh
80+ Shop prices reduced by 10%; 5% chance rare objects (per object) refresh
70+ Shop prices reduced by 5%;
30- Player income reduced by 5%
20- Player income reduced by 10%
10- Player income reduced by 15%; rare objects completely removed from shops
@
Health
90+ 25% of HP wounds heal without treatment
80+ 20% of HP wounds heal without treatment
70+ 15% of HP wounds heal without treatment
30- 10% of hp wounds heal without treatment
20- 5% of hp wounds heal without treatment; smaller diseases flourish
10- wounds do not heal without treatment; major diseases flourish
@
Infrastructure
90+ Mail arrives in 5 OOC minutes; +30% movement speed on city roads
80+ Mail arrives in 15 OOC minutes;+20% movement speed on city roads
70+ 10% movement speed on city roads
30- +2 increase to mv use per room shift
20- +5 increase to mv use per room shift
10- +10 increase to mv use per room shift
@
Class Relations
90+ Entering Bluebird and other class restricted areas free + flexible_rooms go lawful
80+ Entering bluebird and other class restricted areas cheaper + flexible_rooms go lawful
70+ flexible_rooms go lawful
31-69: flexible_rooms go neutral
30- Rostered shops charge 15% more for non-class aligned people, flexible_rooms go lawless
20- Rostered shops charge 25% more for non-class aligned people, flexible_rooms go lawless
10- Rostered shops refuse service to non-class aligned people, flexible_rooms go lawless
@
Race Relations
90+ +15 ranks of 'free' temporary language skills to all players for all foreign languages
80+ +10 ranks of 'free' temporary language skills to all players for all foreign languages
70+ +5 ranks of 'free' temporary language skills to all players for all foreign languages
30- Mobs at foreign quarter gates bar people of incorrect races
20- People barred + offensive slurs from mobs in streets
10- People barred + offensive slurs + aggro mobs loading, beating up and booting in FQs
@
DEFENSE TO BE REMOVED AS KNIGHTS NO LONGER EXIST AS A SEPARATE GUILD

Comments:
- I think random bad magic stuff happening to people (or at least places) would be good, similar to being struck with a cold if we add diseases, which I've added
- Knights thematically should not arrest warranted criminals, they're not Reeves. Mage warrants are currently paper-based and coded warrants are a Reeve command - this may change with jail automation, but I don't expect that to be in ready for this shift
- I think I took the rest on board. We don't have metric-sensitive shops in here, but I did like the turf-war for class relations showing that more of the city is going to southside or northside, so that's added.
-

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Fri May 13, 2016 4:33 am

Kinaed wrote:Lawfulness ... 20- Mobs flagged thief steal objects from players; appear in thieves guild hall
This one stands out to me as the only one on the list I don't like. I like the idea of stealing silver, and maybe at 20 just have a higher rate/success/stealthiness about it, or are stronger NPCs that are a bit harder to wrangle up for the Reeves/etc. who should be turning on them to get the silvers back. Objects can have a lot of meaning to players and losing them to NPCs can feel very, very unrewarding — a game I played on long, long ago introduced NPC object theft and lost a significant portion of their pbase, though they were cads in general.
~~ Team Farra'n'Stuff. ~~

BattleJenkins

Fri May 13, 2016 4:59 am

Something else I just thought of - the class relations metric could also have an effect on upward social mobility, whenever more precise guidelines for those are in. Perhaps a minimum amount of class relations could be required for a gentryperson to marry into a noble family, or for a freeman to achieve gentry status, or the metric can factor into whatever associated costs.

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Fri May 13, 2016 5:14 am

BattleJenkins wrote:Something else I just thought of - the class relations metric could also have an effect on upward social mobility, whenever more precise guidelines for those are in. Perhaps a minimum amount of class relations could be required for a gentryperson to marry into a noble family, or for a freeman to achieve gentry status, or the metric can factor into whatever associated costs.
I would think it'd be more the latter, as there IS an actual cost (purchasing wealth twice, I thnk?) of moving from freeman to gentryperson, but I don't see a way that could be realistically lowered— going down to one purchase of wealth is a huge difference, after all! As to the noble thing, I've always played Farra as being a bit more quick to be a jerk since Class Relations have always been so low since playing her!

Kinaed

Fri May 13, 2016 6:38 am

Thanks for the head's up about object theft, I'll delete that one. Any suggestions in its place though?

Temi

Fri May 13, 2016 8:52 am

I would think it'd be more the latter, as there IS an actual cost (purchasing wealth twice, I thnk?) of moving from freeman to gentryperson, but I don't see a way that could be realistically lowered— going down to one purchase of wealth is a huge difference, after all! As to the noble thing, I've always played Farra as being a bit more quick to be a jerk since Class Relations have always been so low since playing her!
This will be different than it is now, and I could plan to roll class relations in. And race relations too for non Lithmorran folks.

Applesauce

Sat May 14, 2016 5:50 pm

I'm sure there will be some tweaking yet on what the metrics affect and how much they affect them, but I really like the direction this is going. Gives people real tangible reasons to want to contribute to City Metrics, which means more STs/Plots/RP!

Kinaed

Tue May 17, 2016 11:10 pm

I still need a lawfulness -20%

Any ideas, folks?

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Wed May 18, 2016 1:43 pm

I'm not sure if it's doable, but:

Code: Select all

Lawfulness: 20% -- NPC Shop-prices include a 10% additional price as the shopowners hire strongarms to protect their store fronts.

Snefru

Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:12 am

Takta wrote: also make rumors decay faster (low morale) or stick around longer
(high morale).
I think that should be the other way around. When morale is low, rumors stick because people are unhappy when morale is high, people ignore them/circulate them less.

• Information