PROPOSED Help Policy Arrest Guidelines

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Temi

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:01 pm

I don't really like the feel of the arrest guidelines as far as the IC atmosphere. It should feel threatening and I don't think that rights of nobody prisoners is a good feel for it, IC. That said, players should have rights to a fun experience.

I would suggest not being allowed to arrest someone without a warrant, but an arrest is actually throwing someone into jail. Not detaining/punishing for short term stuff. You should totally be able to confiscate illegal stuff whenever you come across it, not just with a warrant. Taking other stuff in a non-warranted situation being theft seems fine. And I think holding someone for more than an IC day in a limbo-type situation doesn't seem fair either, so not allowing that is good. The policy notes I am generally fine with, except I would want the ability to interrogate someone without arresting/kidnapping them so that doesn't apply, but the concept of staff intervening after 6 hours keeping someone without a warrant is good still. Generally, the NPC guards don't keep people that aren't charged with crimes or something.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:03 am

Yeah, the 2nd policy attempt with feedback caters to those things you mention, Temi. Have you had another read of it?

Temi

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:17 pm

I thought that was based on the second posting. My thoughts all still stand.

• Information