[Poll] Support

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

How do you feel about TI's support system?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:33 pm

Very Positive - It's an awesome game mechanic that I love
4%
Positive - It's okay, but needs improvements in several areas
54%
Neutral - I can take it or leave it
21%
Negative - I don't really like it, but it doesn't bother me
4%
Very Negative - I hate it and wish it wasn't a part of TI
17%

Total votes: 24
Rabek

Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:00 pm

I do like the rank data, since it kind of guides what sort of support you have available for the event notes. But I do think it should be explicitly explained somewhere what exactly it is.

Gerolf

Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:32 pm

bureaucrat36 wrote: Additional random rules can be tossed in for flavor. How long between calls for no confidence. How long the vote runs (I like two rl weeks). If a member needs a certain number of hours rped in said guild to vote. If a member needs to have been a member for a certain amount of time. For the lawful/crown supported guilds like Reeves, Knights, Order, Physicians it could be a fun twist to allow the Regent a vote, to represent the power of the monarch. And soforth to address whatever concerns incly or oocly we may have.
This is me being literally nit picky and probably off topic, but I just want to clarify, The Order and The Knights wouldn't get intervention from the crown. Well -maybe- the Knights but generally speaking since the end of the Harmon line they Patriarch and Regent go about their business in a kind of separate but equal fashion.

In other words, if you say the Regent gets a say in the confidence of the church leadership, then the church leadership gets a say in the secular leadership which, while amusing, gets sticky fast.

Geras

Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:15 pm

Gerolf wrote:
bureaucrat36 wrote: Additional random rules can be tossed in for flavor. How long between calls for no confidence. How long the vote runs (I like two rl weeks). If a member needs a certain number of hours rped in said guild to vote. If a member needs to have been a member for a certain amount of time. For the lawful/crown supported guilds like Reeves, Knights, Order, Physicians it could be a fun twist to allow the Regent a vote, to represent the power of the monarch. And soforth to address whatever concerns incly or oocly we may have.
This is me being literally nit picky and probably off topic, but I just want to clarify, The Order and The Knights wouldn't get intervention from the crown. Well -maybe- the Knights but generally speaking since the end of the Harmon line they Patriarch and Regent go about their business in a kind of separate but equal fashion.

In other words, if you say the Regent gets a say in the confidence of the church leadership, then the church leadership gets a say in the secular leadership which, while amusing, gets sticky fast.
Sticky for the Order. *stabs* :3

Either way though, each GL is answerable to some set of stakeholders, some of which are PCs, and some of which are NPCs left off screen. I feel like support does an adequate job of capturing this, though yah, it does feel artificial at times, and the "poke poke help support" is a bit irksome. Not sure how one would improve it though.

I will say I'm kind of surprised people argue this system is complicated though. I've found it pretty straightforward. And this is coming from someone who finds himself mystified with the bevy of new POLCAs that always seem to be getting added.

• Information