OOC Meeting 7-13-2024

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Eloxotzi
Discord Handle: balthazarkallar

Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:37 pm

InvestSouthside carefully considers a little, chocolate tavern with caramel silhouetted windows.

The following information is recorded about it:
Sculpted out of a hefty chunk of chocolate the size of a fist, the little
building bears the fine details that call it out as an inviting tavern, a
little sign hanging out from above its door. Two big windows sit to either
side of that door, the chewy caramel backdrop of each setting off the
chocolatey shapes of window framing and merry patrons within.

It is priced at approximately 16 silver.
This 'a little, chocolate tavern with caramel silhouetted windows' is a kind of food.
It has 3 bites remaining, which should be about 100% of the original batch.
It appears to be made of food.
It looks to be in excellent condition.
It weighs around 0 pounds.
It can be worn as follows: take
It could be easily held in one hand. (Actual size: 3)
Its value should be approximately 16 silver.
It should provide 55 energy per bite.
Taste:
The chocolate melts slowly on the tongue, imparting its rich, slightly bitter
flavor with the fullness of good dark chocolate, while the chewy caramel
gradually becomes more gooey in the warmth of the mouth, a sweeter
counterpoint.

Temi states, "He tries so hard to be good"

InvestSouthside asks, "Hes so adorable can I get nelmi roll over commands?"

A roly-poly white-bellied puppy flops over onto its back and promptly rolls over half way before it
stops, feet wiggling in the air before it falls back over.

Karrin has transferred Musketeer. [OOC]

Temi gives a little, chocolate tavern with caramel silhouetted windows to Musketeer.

Karrin claims to InvestSouthside, "That's a Temi question."

Karrin has transferred Valora. [OOC]

Karrin has transferred Meiari. [OOC]

Temi asks, "I don't follow? But probably not"

Temi gives a little, chocolate tavern with caramel silhouetted windows to Valora.

Karrin says, "Remember that he can play dead, too."

Temi gives a little, chocolate tavern with caramel silhouetted windows to Meiari.

InvestSouthside claims, "Play dead"

A roly-poly white-bellied puppy does a good approximation of a dead act, little paws curled up over
its belly and tongue sticking out a bit floppily. The exuberantly wagging tail does detract from
the overall effect, though.

Temi grins.

Karrin says, "Greetings, everyone! We'll start at the top of the hour. Feel free to talk amongst
yourselves or play with the puppy until then."

Meiari says, "Chocolate dioramas are my favorite"

Meiari holds a little, chocolate tavern with caramel silhouetted windows in her hand.

Temi says, "Much more useful than cardboard ones."

Karrin says, "Taste better, too."

Meiari lifts a little, chocolate tavern with caramel silhouetted windows to her nose and sniffs at
it.

Temi nods in agreement.

Meiari states, "I don't know, I remember someone in fourth grade ate their mission diorama. They
seemed to enjoy it"

Karrin has transferred HIEROPHANT. [OOC]

HIEROPHANT claims, "G'day"

Temi gives a little, chocolate tavern with caramel silhouetted windows to HIEROPHANT.

Temi claims, "No accounting for taste"

Karrin queries to Temi, "Are you saying you had a bad day?"

Temi states to Karrin, "No, I'm saying mission dioramo sounds icky."

Karrin chuckles.

Temi says, "The day can be good. I agree there."

Temi grins.

(visnet) Staff Karrin: We're going to get started. Feel free to send a tell if you would like to
join us.

Karrin asks, "Do we have a volunteer for scribe?"

Meiari stares at Southside

InvestSouthside says, "If no one else wants it"

Karrin states, "But of course."

Karrin questions to Meiari, "Is that stare a permission to let him have it?"

Meiari finishes abruptly, "I anticipated the hand raise at least - I still don't trust my logs to
work x3"

Karrin states, "Gotcha."

Karrin claims to InvestSouthside, "All you, then."

Karrin states, "OOC Chat Rules:

- Approach each topic with the mindset that each person is doing the best they can with the
knowledge they have, staff and player alike.
- Please avoid topics around current events. Nothing should be revealed in an OOC meeting that
others would prefer to find out in game ICly.
- This is not the correct forum for criticism of a specific player or a topic centered around one
player. If there are concerns about a specific player, or specific policy violations, please address
that with staff privately."

Karrin wonders, "So! How was RP this week for everyone?"

InvestSouthside states, "Pretty good very relaxed week it felt"

Valora states, "Been rather good. Overall pretty calm and relaxed."

Meiari states, "I am forever thankful for the courier service"

Temi claims, "Relaxed can be good"

Karrin claims, "I am glad to hear it! We have noticed some increased activity during the day -
though it's still very quiet in the evening."

HIEROPHANT claims, "Intense and emotionally draining, in a good way."

Lochan 01000100 01100101 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01110011 [OOC]

Karrin says to HIEROPHANT, "As long as it's in a good way."

Temi gives a little, chocolate tavern with caramel silhouetted windows to Lochan.

Karrin asks, "Does anyone have any topics for this week?"

HIEROPHANT says, "I wouldn't want this week to be every week. I'm looking forward to some chill
time. But it was good."

Temi says, "Can certainly understand that"

Karrin claims, "Ditto. That sort of thing can be fun, but in reasonable quantities before it gets
exhausting."

Karrin states, "Alrighty, we can move forward - if you think of a topic, feel free to let me know.
I'll start off with staff updates."

Karrin states to Temi, "Your go."

HIEROPHANT claims, "I suppose I have one I can present. I have an ideas-board post that I can
sanitize the magic stuff from to discuss the other parts with folks, see what we think."

Karrin says to HIEROPHANT, "Sounds good, I've put you on the list."

Temi states, "Unfortunately, I'm still pretty slammed with work and often making some progress on
those projects off to the side while I'm on in the evenings... hopefully only a couple more weeks of
that, but not making much other progress in the meantime."

Karrin nods.

Karrin states, "Boo work."

Temi states, "A few small requests and things, recommends."

Temi nods.

Temi nods at Karrin.

Karrin presents Lochan!!!

Lochan claims, "Hi, it's me"

Karrin states, "Tell Lochan you've missed him at our meetings. He doesn't believe me."

Meiari declaims, "Yay Lochan! I appreciate your binary"

Lochan states, "I've been overwhelmed with non-TI work lately but I'm back in the swing of things
this week. Going to prioritize between the bugs we have and some of the ideas. Currently working on
a few staff tools. And to Karrin all I can say is "lalalalala I can't hear you" "

InvestSouthside states, "Lochan boo ive missed your binaryism"

Temi claims, "Though Lochan -did- accomplish a lovely change to hours to get folks to hang around
more to wait for you when it's otherwise quiet"

Karrin declares, "He did!"

Lochan claims, "01001000 01101111 01110111 00100000 01101101 01110101 01100011 01101000 00100000
01100100 01101001 01100100 00100000 01001011 01100001 01110010 01110010 01101001 01101110 00100000
01110000 01100001 01111001 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101"

Lochan says, "Ah yes, we do now have the public room incentive program in full swing"

InvestSouthside pontificates, "I can hear the omnissiah opening my mind. Also I appreciate the
incentive program!"

Temi states, "Maybe I won't sit quite as alone in the later evenings after a lot of you have gone to
bed now"

Temi grins.

Karrin says, "I'm an early to bedder, admittedly. An old gramma for my bedtime. At least I don't eat
dinner at 4:30, I guess."

Karrin says, "As for me, Temi and I will be finalizing the last guild quests and getting those out
today. And I've been doing a lot of bouncing around this week. Mostly having people in my tells and
answering questions."

Karrin states, "Well, today or tomorrow. Depends if I get tired and slink off to bed."

Temi claims, "These things have been known to happen"

Karrin says, "I have a ton of energy and am all gung ho to work! And then suddenly, it's GONE.
Yeah."

Karrin declaims, "Ok!"

Karrin says to HIEROPHANT, "All you, seems like."

HIEROPHANT exclaims, "Okay!"

HIEROPHANT says, "It's a fairly small thing to do with the remember list function. Currently, this
command just filters your remember entries by the first letter of the entry: So doing remember list
bob would give you everything starting with a B, for example.

This is all well and good, but I'd like to see a remember list substring <substring> option or
similar. In this version, it'd return a list of entries where the <substring> appeared anywhere in
the remembered name - continuing the same example, it'd display every entry with 'bob' in it,
whether that's 'Bob von Aguefort' or 'Ricardo dul Bobbinsfield' or whatever else.

It should also search the short-desc half of the entries - that way, if I had remembered someone
whose sdesc was 'a petite woman with bob-cut hair', remember list substring bob would show them in
the list, too.

TL;DR option to search your remember list names and descs by substring, for those of us with more
remembered entries than we actually remember OOC."

HIEROPHANT says, "If I'm the only one that'd get a use out of this, though, I can simply grumble and
sift through my whole list every time. :)"

Temi says, "I could see it being handy at times, if not used often"

Karrin says, "Mostly for older players who have been around a long time and have screens and screens
of entries."

Temi nods in agreement with Karrin.

HIEROPHANT nods.

InvestSouthside claims, "I was about to say even though I dont really have a use for it i could see
one"

HIEROPHANT queries, "I figure implementation wouldn't be too difficult, given we already have the
first-letter function?"

Lochan claims, "Too difficult. I am a newb. "

Lochan grins.

Valora says, "I can see that being useful even if I wouldn't currently use it much... except to
remember all the birds I gave people so I know what to tool next as a gift."

Karrin claims, "I think most don't use all of the elements of remember, too. It's not just
remembering the name and description - you can use it to remember things ABOUT those people, too.
And then just REMEMBER <KEYWORD> to see all of the things you've remembered about them."

Temi grins.

Temi nods at Karrin.

Temi states, "Very useful at times"

HIEROPHANT states, "I find it especially necessary for remembering retainers in particular, as they
oft have very similar sdescs."

HIEROPHANT says, "I'll admit I don't use that function. I use cnotes for that instead."

Karrin claims, "I've used it, in the past, to remember silly things like pet names, birthdays, etc.
Then I just REMEMBER NAME, and it all shows up. I don't have to search through cnotes. But, cnotes
work as well."

Temi claims, "Different use cases, but I've certainly used both."

Karrin nods.

Karrin queries to Lochan, "Does it sound like something code-able?"

HIEROPHANT trails off, "Well, I use cnotes for it because note list has a substring argument... :P"

Lochan states, "So, just wanting to double check (As I just checked the code) "

Lochan claims, "Bishaar, have you tried "Remember search <keyword>""

Karrin says to HIEROPHANT, "Yeah, cnote match is my firiend."

Karrin says, "FRIEND, geez."

Karrin muses to Lochan, "Oooooh, is that in the helpfile?"

HIEROPHANT states, "I have not, though apparently remember is unusable in OOC rooms.
No, it is not. "

Lochan claims, "It sure isn't, first time I've seen it was looking right now to try and sneak a fix
in during the meeting hah"

Meiari asks, "Hidden feature?"

Karrin has transferred Capitalism. [OOC]

Karrin says, "Yeah, I don't see it in the helpfile, either. If that works (test it once we leave
here, please, and let us know?), we will add it to the helpfile."

Temi gives a little, chocolate tavern with caramel silhouetted windows to Capitalism.

HIEROPHANT says, "Maybe so, yeah. "

HIEROPHANT states, "If it already exists... clearly, I am an oracle."

Karrin states, "As far as I understand, we may be missing some things from the last couple years
from helpfiles that we may not know until we discover them. So, looks like this may be one of those
things."

Temi states, "Clearly Lochan is the oracle, making sure your request is coded before you even
requests."

Lochan states, "I absolutely just added that whole feature by blinking"

Temi nods sagely.

Karrin claims to HIEROPHANT, "You can either say that you are the newest oracle, or we can say that
you're behind and someone beat you to it."

HIEROPHANT claims, "Hmm... Yes."

HIEROPHANT declaims, "My topic has been retroactively solved by a time-traveler so I guess I'm all
good!"

Lochan grins.

Karrin wonders, "Well! Now that Lochan solved that one in record time, anyone else have something?"

Lochan says, "There is also another remember command, but, I need to see what it does first haha"

Karrin states, "Uh oh."

Karrin says, "Do not delete everyone's memories, Lochan. They will get mad at us."

Lochan claims, "So, "Remember room" is also a command"

Karrin taps her chin consideringly, "However, that might be an interesting header plot..."

Lochan trails off, "Which just lists who you remember in the room... meh"

Temi states, "Much more useful than just... looking."

HIEROPHANT says, "I don't understand how that could possibly be a helpful command."

Lochan states, "I'm with you on that one"

Capitalism ponders... "So we're going to have magic that wipes peoples memories of remembered names
now?"

Karrin wonders, "Huh. Ok. Isn't there LOOK PEOPLE that would do similar, but for all people instead
of only remember ones?"

HIEROPHANT states, "Better leave it in just in case it's a load-bearing useless feature."

Lochan asks, "I mean it shows their remembered name and intro side by side.. which.. could be
helpful? "

Temi says, "I can see that."

Karrin states, "Huh. Maybe, ok."

Temi nods at Lochan.

Lochan claims, "I should actually test that to make sure it doesn't do things it shouldn't"

HIEROPHANT questions, "Like revealing hidden mobs?"

Lochan claims, "I didn't say anything"

HIEROPHANT says, "Heh"

Karrin states to Lochan, "We will prepare ourselves for the rolling over and playing dead."

Lochan is going to check things right after this.

Karrin glances at the puppy expectantly.

Temi states to Karrin, "He doesn't listen to staffers. Naughty puppy."

Lochan asks, "I mean, would you?"

Temi claims, "That is a point."

Karrin says, "We are glorious, beautiful people. All should listen to us."

Karrin adjusts her halo carefully over her horns.

Karrin questions, "That was our only topic. Anything else pop into your minds, or shall I let you go
back to the grid with your yummy chocolate taverns?"

Karrin declaims, "Alright, I'll take that as a no. Sending you all back to the grid. Enjoy
yourself!"

Lochan states, "Easy to check when we go back home"

Lochan claims, "AHHHHHHHHHH"

Lochan 01000001 01110010 01110010 01101001 01110110 01100101 01110011 [OOC]

Karrin states, "Hehe."

• Information