How I got a Log, and What It Made Me think

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:09 am

Before any one else, we are responsible for our own behavior - the things we say, what we do, how we act.

I do not entertain that ultimate the onus for venting belongs anywhere than squarely on the shoulders of they that choose that action as a means of coping. Taking responsibility for one's own choices is the nuts and bolts of personal responsibility, which is in turn the foundation of maturity.

Yes, people can move us to feelings and emotions - if we allow them to. But caring, choosing to fight, taking things to heart... these are all options within us. Some of us gravitate to certain options more than others, and yes it can be hard not to react as we are conditioned to - but we definitely do have the power to control our own actions, reframe our perspective, entertain or dismiss thoughts that cross our minds, etc. To pretend otherwise is to make ourselves victims of circumstance instead of masters of our destiny. No one can do that to someone else, we can only do it to ourselves.

mattc

Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:53 am

I feel like I just learned something about how to live life from that post, Kinky. Or should I call you guru Kinky?

...but srsly.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:33 am

Aww, shucks. :)

• Information